A fun recipe to use as you listen to Episode 2 of In Yo Mouth!
Buffalo Chicken Pretzel Balls
February 19, 2018
: Makes about 50 balls depending on size
: 1 hr
: 30 min
A delicious appetizer for any gathering!
- 2 Med sized raw pizza Dough
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 12oz brick of Cheese (your choice - I used aged cheddar)
- Pretzel Salt or Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 Egg Yolks mixed with 1 tsp of water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- flour for dusting
- Step 1 Pull Chicken off bone and shred. Discard skin and bones
- Step 2 In a heated oiled or buttered sauce pan cook shallot and garlic over med/low till soft
- Step 3 Add Franks and stir. Then pour over shredded chicken and mix together
- Step 4 cut cheese into small cubes
- Step 5 On a dusted surface Cut dough into thirds and roll into logs. Cut into 1.5in sections.
- Step 6 Flatten dough sections and stuff with a spoon full of buffalo chicken and one cheese cube
- Step 7 Seal ball well with fingers.
- Step 8 As you prep the pretzel balls bring a large pot of water with 2/3 cup of baking soda to a boil
- Step 9 Once ready drop balls in a few at a time till they rise to the top, about 30/40 seconds and pull out to rest on parchment lined baking sheet
- Step 10 Brush with egg wash and top with coarse/pretzel salt or everything bagel seasoning.
- Step 11 Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 mins or until golden brown. (if some cheese explodes out it’s all good and just more fun to eat!)
- Step 12 Serve with Ranch Dressing as dip!